Covid-19 or coronavirus was declared as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. And while the world facing a difficulty that how to manage this worst situation there are few key measures that individuals can take to fight this pandemic. While it is crucial to mention hygiene standards like washing your hands frequently, especially if you have traveled by public transport. Using an alcohol sanitizer, in case you are traveling to disinfect your hands, wearing a mask (cover your nose and mouth) and avoiding touching your hand or mouth. Also, try to boost your immunity which can protect you from coronavirus
In certain pre-existing illnesses like diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and respiratory issues are at a higher risk of having Covid-19 complications, it also provokes age as the general immunity reduces as you get older.
Well as you know, a strong immune system could be the perfect solution to tackle COVID-19! Are you on the lookout to buy supplements or herbs to boost your immunity and stay safe from coronavirus? Well, we have an easy solution for you!
In trying times like these, when we are all worried about keeping our immunity in the best possible shape, taking a little help from Ayurveda can prove to be immensely helpful.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda has been a trusted measure in the fight against coronavirus and also helps to boost immunity. Clinical trials for the usage of Ashwagandha, along with other fortified medicinal herbs such as guduchi, yastamidhu are being studied as a prophylactic medicine by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in collaboration with Ministry of AYUSH.
- It is also known as the king of the Ayurvedic herb.
- Ashwagandha helps to improve the immune system and calm the brain, lower the blood pressure, and reduce inflammation.
- Ashwagandha acts as an immunomodulatory agent.
- It is also used to treat gout, rheumatism, hypertension nervine, and skin disease.
- it is helpful to enhance strength and stamina.
- Kalmegh leaves are bitter in taste and it has anti-oxidant properties.
- promotes anti-inflammatory activity in the body
- It is useful to treat cold and cough and also used to treat respiratory tract infections.
- Regular consumption of kalmegh powder can help to detoxify the body.
- Guduchi Giloy, another helpful ingredient used in this drink is again, a natural fever suppressant.
- It possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, antipyretic, anti-oxidant and immune-modulatory
- Some of the clinical trials done so far have found that giloy can help to deal with some of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- It takes as a decoction (Kadha).
- And many brands sell it in tablet form. Take it only after consulting your doctor
Chawanprash has a jam-like consistency. It is an ayurvedic supplement that is made by a mixture of various nutritional herbs. since ancient times, it is used to increase strength and stamina. And according to Ayurveda, it is helpful to clog the aging. Chawanprash is a huge mixture of almost 45 to 50 herbs and their extract. And the main ingredient of Chawanprash is amla which is a rich source of vitamin C.
Use of Chyawnprash:
- Chyawanprash is a powerful immunity booster and aids the body in the production of hemoglobin and white blood cells.
- Amla, the vital component in chyawanprash detoxifies the body and cleanses the blood, liver, spleen, and the lungs.
- It enhances youthfulness and promotes healthy muscle mass and tones the body.
- Chyawanprash helps in better absorption of calcium synthesis, thereby strengthening the bones.
- It is useful to gain weight in adolescents.
- It increases strength and stamina.
- According to Ayurveda, It is useful to reduce the aging process.
- Turmeric Milk, also known as golden milk, possesses a variety of health benefits. From weight loss to relieving cancer symptoms to healing wounds.
- The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin that has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and it is a very strong antioxidant.
- Drinking turmeric milk helps to boost immunity. Curcumin is rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties. Thus, it helps in fighting against infections and boosting our immunity.
- It is useful to treat respiratory disorders.
- Tulsi or holy basil has proved to be highly effective in protecting our body from various infections. It also protects us from diseases of heart, liver, skin, and kidney. That’s why tulsi is also called as the ‘Queen of Herbs’.
- Tulsi is rich in Vitamin C and zinc.
- It acts as a natural immunity booster and protects from infections. It has immense anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties that protect us from a variety of infections.
- Tulsi leaves extract increases the T helper cells and natural killer cells activity and boost our immunity.
- Licorice is rich source of antioxidants, antiviral, and antifungal compounds that help us to fight against cold, cough, and various infections.
- The enzyme present in mulethi enhances immunity.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that may help to reduce the effects of free radicals. This free radical cause inflammation and pain in the body
- The enzyme present in Licorice helps the body to produce the lymphocytes and macrophages which help us to protect from microbes, allergen, and pollutants. It helps to keep away from infection and allergies.
- Chirayta, is also an Ayurvedic herb.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It has strong anti-asthmatic and expectorant properties, which are vital in getting rid of any congestion and pollutant from the respiratory tract as well as airways, reducing any discomfort
kadha or decoction is an ayurvedic recipe that is used to protect against various infectious sessional diseases it is also used to boost immunity. Recently Ayush ministry of India said that kadha is helpful to increase immunity and may protect us from COVID-19
In Ayurveda different type of kadha recipe is present for different purposes. like cinnamon kadha, giloy kadha, and tulsi kadha. Daalchini kadha is useful for strength and stamina. Giloy kadha is used to increase immunity and also enhance the patient recovery rate. It is effectively used in viral hepatitis. It is also used in rheumatoid arthritis, jaundice, and diabetes. Similarly, Tulsi kadha is used to treat cough and cold.
So, the recipe of kadha mentioned below which gives you strength, stamina and protects you from various diseases and enhance the immunity and may help you to guard against COVID-19
To make Kadha for (3-4) people, you would follow these steps:
- Take 3-4 glasses of water in a pan and boil it
- Add 7-8 Fresh leaves of Tulsi (Holy basil)
- Crushed guduchi or giloy (may use dry powder or fresh sticks)
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon powder (Daalchini)
- 4-5 seed of black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- Crushed Ginger (adrak)
- Few pieces Munakka (raisin)
- 1 tbsp Honey (shahad)
- 2-3 crushed Cloves (long)
- 2-3 cardamom seed (illaichi)
- ½ tbsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ tbsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
According to the Ayurveda, these herbs and spices contain several immunity-boosting properties and other healing compounds. So, including this drink in your daily routine. And take it as an empty stomach in the early morning. It may help you to stay healthy and reduce your risk of contracting certain infections
Follow us on Instagram For health memes
View this post on Instagram
1 thought on “Boost Immunity Against Corona Virus”
Pingback: Coronil Kit For Corona Virus - Healthkine The truth behind the coronil